(1750s, architects P.Neyolov and S.Kovnir) This refined Baroque building, initially two-storeyed, was erected for the money provided by the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra. It was intended to be a kind of grand hotel for the most distinguished pilgrims and guests of Lavra.
From 1811 till 1857 this building accommodated Kyiv’s Male Gymnasium #1 where such prominent historians as M.Berlinsky and M.Kostomarov delivered lectures. Among the students of this gymnasium were painter N.Gay, specialist in Kyiv study M.Zakrevsky, and sculptor P.Zabello. From 1981 till recently, this building housed the Museum of Kyiv History.