The monument to Eternal Glory at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was opened on November 6, 1957.
The monument is an obelisk 27 meters high, and the Eternal Flame burns at the foot of it. The Alley of Heroes leads to this obelisk. 35 military burial places have been transferred here from the Baikovo and Lukyanov cemeteries, Askold's grave, and from some parks and squares of the city. Among them are 12 Heroes of the USSR.