Kyiv National University of Technologies and Design (KNUTD)
Kyiv National University of Technologies and Design was founded on April 17, 1930 as Kyiv Politechnic Institute of Leather Industry. Since its founding the institute had three faculties: Chemical Technologies, Mechanics and Technology, Engineering and Economics.
Since 1932 the institute has annually produced specialists,even during theSecond World War when the Institute was evacuated to the Urals.
In June 1944, the Institute returned to Kyiv and began to trein specialists in two specialties: technology of fabrics and knitwear technology. Since that time the Institute was named Kyiv Technological Institute of Light Industry (KTILI). Under this name Institute existed 48 years.
In 1992 Kyiv Technological Institute of Light Industry was accredited to the 4-th (highest) level of specialized training and renamed into the State Academy of Light Industry of Ukraine (SALIU). Later in 1999, after the re-accreditation it was renamed in Kyiv National University of Technologies and Design (KNUTD).
Concidering the national and international recognition of performance and contribution to the development of national education and science, according to the President of Ukraine, the University has received national status and became known as the Kyiv National University of Technologies and Design (KNUTD).
Next to Kyiv National University of Technologies and Design