The Art Nouveau mansion was built in 1907 by the architect E. Bradtmann, commissioned by the Poltava merchant of the 2nd guild of S. Arshavsky. In 1918 the building was nationalized, to this day government structures are located in it. The facade is adorned with a sad woman's face, over which rain drips in the rain, and it seems that the mask is crying. Hence the popular name of the mansion.
The building earned its nickname because when it rains water pours over the woman's face on the facade, running down her cheeks like tears.