The Metropolitan's House is a memorial to the palace architecture of the XVIII century, the former residence of the Kiev Metropolitans. Currently, the museum is a part of the National Reserve "Sofia Kyivska".
The Metropolitan's House was built in 1722-1730 in the style of the Ukrainian Baroque.
Originally the building was one-story, in 1731-1748 years was completed the second floor, and later the attic, also there was made a new roof. On the eastern and western facades – magnificent baroque pediments. It has the appearance of a magnificent palace, the eastern facade of which is facing the Cathedral Square, and the western one – to the former Metropolitan Court.
On September 23, 2008, the next restoration of the Metropolitan's House ended. It had a reinforced foundation, an ordered basement, restored walls and ceilings, sanitary and technical works, a returned authentic interior, and furniture from the XVII – XIX centuries. House of Metropolitans, together with the ensemble of the Sofia Cathedral, listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.